These slow cooker sirloin tips are super-easy to prepare, and the flavors are fantastic. I used golden cream of mushroom soup in the recipe with brown gravy mix, but you could use regular mushroom soup or cream of celery if you aren't a fan of mushrooms. The addition of red wine to the convenient ingredients complements the beef and mushroom dish and adds fabulous flavor. Even if you don't use the red wine, you'll love the results.
The dish is made with only 6 ingredients, not counting the black pepper, and two of them are optional.
If 2 pounds of beef tips are too much for your family, the recipe is easily scaled down. Or double everything for a potluck dish or game day party.
Serve these delicious sirloin tips over hot cooked rice or noodles. The beef and sauce taste great over mashed potatoes, too!
- 2 pounds sirloin tips
- 1 can (approx. 10 1/2 ounces) golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope (about .75 to 1 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as cabernet or burgundy/pinot noir
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion, optional
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained, optional
Put the sirloin tips in the crockery insert of a slow cooker.
In a bowl, combine the condensed soup, gravy mix, red wine, and black pepper. Add the minced onion and sliced mushrooms; blend well. Pour the mixture over the sirloin tips.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Serve with hot cooked rice, noodles, or potatoes.
If the liquids lack flavor after several hours of cooking, strain them into a saucepan and reduce over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until concentrated and flavorful.
Tips and Variations
- To enhance the beef flavor, sear the sirloin tips in a large skillet over medium-high heat in a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Add the seared meat to the slow cooker and continue with the recipe.
- Add about 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion instead of dried minced onions.
- Replace the golden mushroom soup with regular condensed cream of mushroom soup or a healthy version. Or use cream of celery soup.
- Add 2 minced cloves of garlic to the ingredients.
- Use onion gravy mix or a mushroom gravy mix instead of brown gravy.
- Use a 12-ounce jar of roast beef gravy instead of the dry mix.
- Add a few tablespoons of tomato paste.
You Might Also Like
Savory Beef and Mushrooms