Frank's easy slow cooker teriyaki beef is fabulous with rice, and it makes wonderful sandwiches. The recipe starts with lean boneless beef chuck and homemade teriyaki sauces and seasonings.
Serve the sandwiches on split toasted buns with green onions and pineapple rings.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean boneless chuck (trimmed)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Optional: split sandwich rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- 1 tablespoon green onions (chopped)
- Cut beef into small thin slices.
- In slow cooker, combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic.Add sliced beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove meat with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Carefully pour liquids into a 2 cup measure; skim fat from the top. If necessary, add water or beef broth to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups. Pour into saucepan. If the liquids are watery, boil them for a few minutes to reduce and concentrate the flavors.
- Combine the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and stir until dissolved and smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beef to saucepan and heat through.
- Warm or toast the split sandwich rolls, if using, and fill them with meat, pineapple rings, and green onions. Or serve the beef over hot cooked rice with pineapple rings and chopped green onions.
You Might Also Like