These roasted pecans are a simple preparation. The pecans are tossed with butter and sea salt and then slowly roasted to perfection.
Serve these roasted pecans as a snack or use th as topping for cookies or ice cream or use them as a savory garnish for casseroles and other dishes. For spicy pecans, use Cajun or Creole seasoning or your favorite seasoning salt blend. Or sweeten them with some cinnamon-sugar.
The pecan halves may also be cooked more quickly in the microwave oven. See the instructions below the recipe.
- 1 pound pecan halves, or about 3 to 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- table salt, kosher salt, or sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oven to 250 F.
- Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and place pan on center rack of the oven. Roast in the preheated oven, stirring and turning occasionally, until the pecans are lightly browned and aromatic, or about 60 minutes.
- Stir in the butter until pecans are coated and all of the butter has melted. Return the pan to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes longer.
- Salt lightly to taste while pecans are still hot. Serve warm or cooled. Store roasted pecans in a tightly sealed container.
- Use roasted pecans on desserts or serve them as a snack. The flavor can be varied with cinnamon-sugar, Cajun or Creole seasoning, or other seasoning blends.
Tips and Variations
- Microwave Roasted Pecans - Put the pecans in a microwave safe baking dish with the butter and microwave on high for about 3 minutes. Turn and stir them occasionally.
- Season with a light sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar or a seasoned salt blend. Or use Cajun or Creole seasoning, to taste.