The Bottom Line
The biggest limitation of gas smokers is the range of temperatures they can hit and the fact that most of them leak smoke and heat through the doors. The Smoke Hollow 44-Inch Smoker doesn't have these problems. The doors latch closed tightly and the dual burner design gives it a much wider range of temperatures. It is also a very large smoker, standing 5 feet high with five racks and seven cubic feet of capacity.
If there is a problem with this smoker you probably won't see it for a few years. The lightweight burners and thinner metals shorten the life expectancy of this smoker. Care should be taken to keep it in good working order.
- Large capacity smoker
- Dual burner design gives wide range of temperatures
- Doors fit tightly
- Limited quality construction
- Two 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- Five chrome plated steel cooking grates with two standard, two jerky, and one rib rack
- Seven cubic foot capacity
- Powder coated steel sheet metal construction
- Dual door design with a large door to access the cooking chamber and a smaller door to access wood and water pans
- Push button piezoelectric ignition
- Made in China by Outdoor Leisure Products
Guide Review - Smoke Hollow 44-Inch Gas Smoker
Looking to step up to a higher capacity smoker, this might just be one to look at. The Smoke Hollow 44-Inch has a, well, 44-inch high smoking chamber, for seven cubic feet of smoking space on up to five racks.
On its legs, this smoker stands five feet tall and has a 14-inch by 20-inch horizontal size so it has plenty of room for full racks of ribs.
The dual burner design gives this gas powered smoker a wide temperature range which is easily adjusted once you get the hang of it. The smoke product is good for a gas smoker and the water and smoker pans have large enough capacity that they don't need to be refilled continuously.
Large and competent, the only real limitation of this smoker is the construction. While good, it isn't great and the burners and core components in the bottom of the smoker, where stuff drips, is lower in quality and prone to corrosion. For the size and quality, this is a good smoker, for the person who doesn't want to make a big investment but does want to make a lot of barbecue (or jerky).