I know, you're not supposed to smoke a trimmed brisket. However, the marinade in this recipe really helps to keep the brisket tender and moist. This is a great recipe for those who want a small brisket or those that can't find an untrimmed brisket.
- Place brisket flat in a shallow pan.
- Combine other ingredients and pour over brisket.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours (turning occasionally).
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature.
- Prepare smoker.
- You will want to smoke for about 4-5 hours at 220-240 F/105-115 C.
- If you are using a water smoker you can put the remaining marinade in the water pan to add flavor.
- Place brisket on smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 180 F/80 C.
- Remove and slice across the grain.