Smoked sausage adds interesting flavor and a different twist to everyday recipes. Whether you use spicy andouille, a kielbasa or polish sausage, chorizo, or a gourmet chicken or turkey sausage, you're sure to find some inspiration in these recipes.
Smoked Sausage Recipes
- White Bean Soup with Sausage, Ham, Squash, and Spinach
This soup is full of great flavor and color. It combines Hubbard squash, chopped spinach, and beans, ham and sausage.
- Cheddar Polenta With Broiled Andouille Sausage
This easy, satisfying meal is pure comfort food. Use grits or polenta and serve steamed broccoli or a salad on the side.
- Andouille Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe calls for andouille sausage mixed with this rich and creamy macaroni and cheese, but a spicy smoked chorizo or a turkey sausage could be used as well.
- Sausage and Penne Casserole
This pasta and cheese dish is flavored with delicious spicy andouille sausage.
- Roasted Potato and Sausage Dinner
This simple dish makes a great everyday meal, perfect for a busy weekday or weekend. The andouille in this recipe is spicy and wonderful, but you can use a different smoked sausage, such as kielbasa or a seasoned chicken sausage.
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage With Potatoes and Cabbage
Use andouille, chorizo, chicken, and apple, or your favorite variety of sausage.
- Louisiana Beans and Rice With Smoked Sausage
Use andouille for a traditional flavor or a lighter chicken sausage in this Cajun-style dish.
- Jambalaya With Smoked Sausage, Chicken and Shrimp
Jambalaya is a delicious traditional southern Louisiana rice dish, and this one is made with tomatoes, chicken, sausage, and shrimp.
- Crockpot Apple Sausage With Onion and Mustard Sauce
This is a flavorful combination of smoked sausage and onions, slow cooked with a mustard sauce.
- Spicy Sausage and Potato Soup
Spicy smoked sausage is a flavorful addition to this potato soup.
- Ground Beef and Smoked Sausage Chili
Smoked sausage adds another dimension to this flavorful beef chili recipe.
- Purple Hull Peas and Sausage
Fresh purple hull peas are simmered with spicy smoked sausage and seasonings.
- Crockpot Creole Chicken
Chicken is slow cooked with sliced smoked sausage, ham, tomatoes, and vegetables.
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
A hearty, flavorful gumbo with smoked sausage, chicken, tomatoes, and vegetables.
- Mixed Bean Soup With Smoked Sausage
Use spicy andouille or chicken smoked sausage in this tasty soup.
- Andouille Sausage Cornbread Dressing
This cornbread dressing is a kicked-up version of a classic with spicy seasonings and diced andouille sausage.
- Easy Crockpot Beans With Smoked Sausage
A variety of canned beans is slow cooked with smoked sausage and seasonings for an easy and filling meal.
- Kale and White Bean Soup With Smoked Sausage
This is a hearty soup, made with spicy smoked sausage, canned white beans, and chopped kale, along with tomatoes and other vegetables.
- Spicy Black Bean Soup With Cajun Sausage
Andouille sausage flavors this tasty soup. You can also use your own favorite variety of smoked sausage.
- Crockpot Sausage Appetizers
Use cocktail franks or mini smoked sausages in this easy dish.
- Chicken, Penne, and Smoked Sausage Bake
A delicious pasta casserole with chicken, smoked sausage, cheese, and seasonings.
- Pinto Bean Cassoulet
This delicious dish is a twist on French cassoulet. It's made with chicken thighs, smoked sausage, bacon, beans, and vegetables.
- Spicy Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Panini
This breakfast sandwich is made with eggs, cheese and andouille smoked sausage. It was inspired by a sandwich served at a restaurant in Oxford, Mississippi.
- Breakfast Casserole With Andouille Sausage
Smoked sausage jazzes up this breakfast egg casserole.
- Warm Potato Salad With Andouille Sausage
Creole seasonings help flavor this tasty salad, along with the andouille sausage, a little bacon, and a simple sweet-sour dressing.