S’mores toffee bark features graham crackers covered with a simple toffee, smothered in chocolate and topped with marshmallows. The classic s’mores flavors get a boost from crunchy, buttery toffee. This easy recipe makes a big batch of s’mores toffee bark, so you’ll have plenty to share!
- 14-16 graham cracker sheets
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces (2 cups) chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange the graham crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet so that there are no empty spaces in between them, breaking them if necessary so that they fit in a single layer.
3. Place the butter, brown sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Stir while the butter melts, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil, stirring often so that it does not separate. Once boiling, cook it for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Carefully pour the toffee mixture over the crackers on the baking sheet in an even layer. Use a knife or spatula to spread the toffee, trying to cover most of the crackers. If you miss some spots, don’t worry, as the toffee will spread in the oven.
4. Bake the toffee crackers at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until the toffee is bubbling all over. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for one minute. Turn the oven to broil.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the hot toffee, and allow them to sit for one minute to soften and melt. Once softened, use an offset spatula or knife to spread the melted chocolate over the entire surface of the toffee in an even layer. While the chocolate is still sticky, sprinkle the top with the miniature marshmallows.
6. Place the tray under the broiler and broil it for just 60-90 seconds, turning halfway through. Watch carefully, because the marshmallows will burn quickly. Look for them to puff up and turn golden brown, but remove the tray before they turn black or catch fire.
7. Refrigerate the pan to set the toffee and chocolate for about 20 minutes. Once set, cut into small pieces. Because the marshmallows on top will get stale, S'mores Toffee Bark is best enjoyed within 2-3 days of making it.