The Bottom Line
Imagine the power of an infrared grill in a portable. This 14,000 BTU infrared grill packs more heat than any other portable grill and at 20 pounds you can take it almost anywhere. All stainless steel construction and you can even get this grill in marine quality steel with a railing mount for boating. A small 155 square inches of grilling area and it uses either disposable propane bottles or can be converted to a full 20-pound tank or even natural gas.
- Excellent stainless steel construction
- Several mounting options (boats)
- Infrared power in a portable size
- Can be converted to natural gas
- Very expensive for a portable gas grill
- Relatively small grilling space for the price and power
- 155 square inches of grilling space
- One 14,000 BTU infrared burner
- Push button electronic ignition
- Complete 304 or 316 (optional marine quality) stainless steel construction
- Less than 20 pounds with carrying bag
- Can be converted to full-sized LP tank or natural gas
- Full height stand and marine mount available
Guide Review - Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Grill
First of all, let me say that this unit isn't cheap, but reasonable for the quality and power. At around $340 for the standard version and $400 for the marine (316 stainless steel) version, you are making an investment in a grill that weighs less than 20 pounds and is designed to be carted around.
However, this powerful grill gives you the heat of an infrared grill that you can take to the beach. This is really a great portable and one to definitely consider if you want to impress everyone at the next tailgating party.
The excellent construction of this portable gas grill is similar to Solaire's other full-sized, high-end gas grills.
The welded stainless steel construction makes it highly durable. If you plan on taking your unit anywhere, near saltwater consider the marine version with its even higher quality and more durable 316 stainless steel. You can even get a swivel mounting to put it on the railing of your boat. This unit is very popular amongst boaters.
There are several options available with this grill and it is the only portable I know of that can be converted to natural gas. This makes it ideal for apartment and condo dwellers who want a little grill but don't want to leave it outside. While the overall grilling space is pretty small you can grill a couple of steaks at a time and with the infrared power that won't be long.