This kołaczki dough recipe is made with only three ingredients—sour cream, butter, and flour.
There are no eggs in the dough and it produces a flaky cookie that can be filled with your favorite filling.
Here are more kołaczki recipes to choose from.
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 12 ounces/3 sticks/1 1/2 cups butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnish: fruit or sweet cheese filling of choice or Czech sweet roll fillings
- Garnish: confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour as for pie dough until it resembles small peas. Stir in sour cream, mixing well.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Take one piece of dough out at a time. Roll on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with a large round cookie cutter or coffee cup. Fill center with 2 teaspoons filling. Bring up all four sides and pinch to close. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the bottom of cookie is just beginning to brown.
- Remove from pan with a metal spatula and cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container. Dust with confectioners' sugar when ready to serve not before because it will make the cookie soggy.