This luscious moist sour cream lemon cake is finished with a wonderful lemon glaze. The lemon cake is baked to perfection in a Bundt cake pan.
This is an excellent cake to take to a shower or party. Make sure you take copies of the recipe along with you!
Related Recipe: Best-Ever Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Generously butter and flour a 10-inch Bundt cake pan.
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream 1 cup butter with the granulated sugar; beat at high speed until mixture is very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the side of bowl frequently.
- Blend in lemon zest.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with the dry ingredients. Scrape sides of bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan; bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon glaze ingredients in a bowl, blending until smooth.
- Carefully turn the lemon cake out onto a platter; drizzle evenly with glaze.