This lemon peel ricotta creme recipe is from Phase 1 of "The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss" by Arthur S. Agatston M.D. (Ballantine Books, 2003).
Fast and easy to make, this is a simple pudding made with ricotta cheese, grated lemon peel, vanilla, and sugar substitute. It's a good snack or dessert for anyone and especially for those following the South Beach Diet.
For more recipes from The South Beach Diet, see the links listed below the directions for this recipe.
Makes 1 serving Lemon Peel Ricotta Creme.
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 packet sugar substitute. If desired, transfer to a pretty dish and chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe easily can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled, but it's easier to fight the temptation to eat the whole bowl by making only one serving at a time.
Nutrition facts per serving: 178 cal, 14 g pro, 7 g carb, 10 g fat, 6 g sat.
fat, 38 mg chol, 0 g fiber, 155 mg sodium
Recipe source: "The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss" by Arthur S. Agatston M.D. (Ballantine Books, 2003). Reprinted with express written permission.
More South Beach Diet Recipes
The South Beach Diet is a low-carb, low-fat, good-carb regimen. There are three phases to the diet. Phase 1 is the most restrictive (no fruit, grains, starches, or alcohol) and lasts two weeks. In the next two phases, you can slowly add carbohydrate foods that were restricted in phase 1 back into your diet. Below are additional recipes from The South Beach Diet.