Unlike traditional cornbread, this batter is whipped well to incorporate the oil and butter.
You can find this cornbread at Southern Hands Family Dining in Collierville, Tennessee
- 2 1/3 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine cornmeal and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to dry mixture, whisking until blended.
- Spoon into a greased (12-cup) muffin pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes until golden. Serve warm.
*Recipe from Southern Living Off The Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes That Made Them Famous