Sorghum or regular molasses helps flavor this tasty barbecue sauce. Use this Southern-style barbecue sauce on ribs, chops, steaks, or burgers.
It's a simple, perfectly seasoned combination of tomato sauce, molasses, and vinegar.
The recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
Related Recipe: Jim Beam Barbecue Sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup molasses or sorghum molasses
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- A dash salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 1 cup of barbecue sauce.
- For oven barbecued ribs, baste during last hour of baking.