This extra-easy recipe for beef stroganoff uses leftover roast beef, onion soup mix, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
The stroganoff is an excellent way to use leftover roast beef. Feel free to use leftover pork loin roast in the recipe.
- 2 to 3 cups diced leftover roast beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup (dry mix)
- 1 can or jar (4 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cream or half and half
- 1 or 2 tablespoons sour cream, if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the cream and sour cream in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add the cream and sour cream, if using, and cook for 10 minutes longer. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. Thin the mixture with a water or beef stock, if necessary.
Serve the stroganoff over egg noodles, pasta, or rice. Add steamed broccoli or asparagus spears, if desired.
You Might Also Like