Spiced mixed nuts are essential for parties, and this savory blend of nuts will be a hit with your guests. The nuts are seasoned with a mixture of chili powder, cayenne, and garlic salt.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 300°. Add butter to a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan; set the pan in the oven to melt the butter.
2. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven; add pecans, almonds, peanuts, and Worcestershire sauce to the melted butter. Gently stir until well mixed.
3. Bake the nut mixture until it is toasted, stirring occasionally. This will take about 30 minutes.
4. Remove the nuts from the oven and sprinkle the mixture evenly with chili powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper.
Toss until well mixed.
5. Transfer the warm nuts to a bowl and serve immediately, or let cool and store them at room temperature in an airtight container until ready to serve.
You Might Also Like