This vegan recipe for spiced oatmeal cranberry cookies is thick and chewy, just the way oatmeal cookies should be, and, it has consistently been one of the most popular vegan cookie recipes here on TheSpruce.
Vegans love their oatmeal cranberry cookies, and you'll love this recipe, whether you're vegan or not! Unlike many vegan cookie recipes, this one doesn't require any egg replacer or egg substitute, so it's a good one to try if you're new to baking vegan (or just don't have any egg replacer on hand).
Use a vegan margarine or a vegan butter substitute to make these oatmeal cookies vegan, egg-free and dairy-free. Betsy DiJulio of The Blooming Platter made these cookies and suggests adding chopped walnuts or pecans. Her verdict? These cookies are "the best"!
See also: More vegan cookie recipes
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine or butter substitute
- 1/3 cup regular white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or other non-dairy milk substitute)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. You don't need to grease a cookie sheet for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan margarine with the regular white sugar and the brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and soy milk (or other non-dairy milk substitute) and mix well until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger powder, ground cloves, and nutmeg and stir again until well mixed, then stir in the quick cooking oats and the cranberries.
- Spoon the dough by about one and a half-inch balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes, or until done.
- Enjoy your vegan oatmeal cranberry cookies!
Recipe note: If you're missing one of the spices (ginger powder, ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg), it's ok to omit it without too much trouble, and just add a bit more of one of the other spices. If you're missing two of the spices, your oatmeal cranberry cookies will still be reliably delicious, but they'll be even better with the full combination of spices. If you happen to have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can also use that as a reasonable substitute.
Like cranberries? Check out more healthy holiday cranberry recipes.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Spiced Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Spice Cookies
- Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Sugar-free Maple Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Easy Date Macaroons
- Sugar-free Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Cake Mix Cookies
See also: More vegan cookies to try