These chicken wings are delicious as is or serve with a mustard mayonnaise sauce or Creole Mayonnaise blend. These flavorful wings can be made as spicy as you like by adding more or less Tabasco and cayenne to this recipe. Feel free to use honey or agave syrup in place of the brown sugar in the marinade.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons Canola or olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- juice of 2 lemons, about 5 to 6 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 green onions, chopped, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- remaining marinade
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Cut wing tips off and discard. Cut the wings at the joint.
- In a large non-reactive container, such as a food storage bag or glass bowl, combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, chopped green onions, Tabasco, thyme, 1 teaspoon cayenne or pepper flakes, brown sugar, and black pepper. Add the chicken wings and coat well. Seal the bag or cover the container and marinated for 4 hours.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and place a cooling or broiling rack in the bottom of the pan. You might have to use 2 pans and racks, but be sure to line them with foil to avoid a difficult-to-clean mess.
- Heat the oven to 375°.
- With tongs, remove chicken wings and arrange on the rack(s).
- Pour the remaining marinade into a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, if desired. Bake the chicken wings for 50 to 60 minutes, turning about halfway through and basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Arrange in a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onion, if desired.
Makes about 50 to 60 pieces, depending on the size of the wings.
You Might Also Like
Sesame Chicken Wings
Delicious Asian-style appetizer wings are made with sesame oil and seeds, along with cayenne and green onions. Plan to marinate these chicken wings for at least 2 hours for great flavor.
Maple Chicken Wings
A variety of flavors makes these chicken wings extra special. The easy wings are made with maple syrup, garlic, teriyaki sauce, and seasonings. Garnish with more green onions, cilantro, or sesame seeds.
Baked Buffalo Wings
Always a favorite, these chicken wings are great served with blue cheese dip or a prepared ranch or blue cheese dressing. If you want to kick up the heat a few notches, add more Tabasco or go with only the hot sauce if you prefer them a little milder.
Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings Recipe
These great-tasting wings are tossed in a spicy Asian-inspired peanut sauce, then they're served with more sauce on the side for dipping. A spicy chili garlic paste or sambal provides the heat in the delicious sauce.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
The Latest Recipes
How to Cut Chicken Wings
How to Make Crockpot Honeyed Chicken Wings
Crockpot Chicken Wings