This delicious spicy cream sauce with shrimp is a snap to prepare and tastes great over fish or pasta. Shown to the right, below, with red snapper and angel hair pasta.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add shrimp and green onions; sauté for about 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the flour gradually, stirring constantly. Once all the flour is blended in, gradually stir in the milk, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Once all the milk has been added, continue to stir and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens; remove from heat and stir in the Tabasco and salt to taste. Blend thoroughly.
- Serve as a topping for broiled or grilled mild fish fillets or thin with a little more milk or cream and serve with hot cooked pasta.
Serves 2 to 4, depending on use.