These delicious shaved steak sandwiches are topped with onions and peppers and Cheddar cheese. Serve these great sandwiches with potato salad, chips, or fries, along with sliced tomatoes and pickles.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, green or red, cut in thin slices
- 1 pound shaved steak or very thinly sliced steak*
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices mild Cheddar cheese
- Mayonnaise or Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 4 bulkie rolls or sub rolls, toasted
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sliced onion and peppers until wilted. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter and add the steak. Cook, stirring until the beef is cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Heat the broiler.
- Place sub rolls or bulkie roll bottoms on a baking sheet. Spread with mayonnaise. Divide steak evenly among the rolls and top with the cooked onions and peppers. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- Place them under the broiler just until cheese is melted.
*If you can't get shaved steak, slice partially frozen good quality, well-marbled steak as thin as possible.
You Might Also Like
Roast Beef and Caramelized Onion Po' Boy
Cheese Steak Sandwiches