Steve Asbell is a freelance writer and illustrator specializing in gardening since 2008. He published a book about how to use houseplants in home decoration in 2014.
- Author of "Plant by Numbers: 50 Houseplant Combinations to Decorate Your Space"
- 5 years experience as a freelance writer and illustrator
- Member of the Garden Writers Association since 2010
- Writer and illustrator for The Rainforest Garden blog since 2008
- Contributed houseplant design and care content to The Spruce
Steve Asbell is a former writer for The Spruce. He contributed articles about planting in pots and containers and maintaining plants in container gardens. He has also authored and contributed to multiple books and blogs focused on gardening, and is a member of the Garden Writers Association.
Steve earned his Associate of Arts degree from Florida Community College in 2005.
Awards and Publications
Steve authored "Plant by Numbers: 50 Houseplant Combinations to Decorate Your Space" in 2014.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.