01 of 03
Look at the Bias TapeBias tape is a wonderful way to finish an edge and add contrast. It does not have to be a difficult task.Look at the bias tape. One side is a slight bit wider than the other side. By placing the wider edge on the wrong side, or less visible side, of the fabric and top stitching on the narrower edge, the top stitching will stitch on the narrower edge if they are placed properly.Continue to 2 of 3 below.
02 of 03
Baste the Wider Edge
Continue to 3 of 3 below.
- Place the wider edge on the wrong side of the fabric (or the less visible side).
- Open the edge of the bias tape, aligning the edge with the edge of the fabric.
- Baste the bias tape to the fabric, stitching in the fold line.
03 of 03
Apply the Edge
- Refold the bias tape and enclose the edge.
- Press the bias tape in place.
- Top stitch the bias tape from the right side of the fabric.