The Stormville Flea Market opened in 1970 with a couple of dozen sellers in an abandoned airfield. Today it features more than 600 vendors selling new, used, and handmade goods. The market's official name is the Stormville Airport Antique Show & Flea Market.
The Stormville Flea Market season lasts from April to November, with six shows per year. Located in New York's Hudson Valley, the airfield also hosts two enormous Ultimate Yard Sale events during the season.
428 Route 216
Stormville, New York 12582
The sale is located just off Taconic State Parkway in the Hudson Valley, midway between Albany and Manhattan.
The flea market dates vary slightly from year to year. These are the dates for 2020:
- April 25 and 26
- May 23 and 24
- July 4 and 5
- September 5 and 6
- October 10 and 11
- November 7 and 8
There are two dates per year for the Ultimate Yard Sale. In 2020 those dates are Saturday, June 20 and Saturday, September 12.
These are the open times for the market:
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on flea market days
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Ultimate Yard Sale
- Rain or shine
- The season runs April through November of each year.
Admission is free and there is free parking. No pets are allowed, but service animals are allowed.
In some of the booths, you’ll have to do some digging, but there’s plenty of treasure to be found. In fact, with more than 600 vendors, there’s little you won’t find at the Stormville Flea Market. Pack your treasure hunting toolkit and plan to spend the day. Among the new and used merchandise, you’ll see:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Furniture, vintage and antique
- Handmade arts and crafts
- Home decor and accessories, new and vintage
- Linens and pillows
- Garden supplies and accessories
- Ceramics, glassware, and dishes
- Architectural salvage
- Antique hardware and fixtures
- Vintage display fixtures and signage
- Comic books, vinyl records, and postcards
- New, antique, and handcrafted jewelry
- Vintage clothing
- New clothing, handbags, and fashion accessories
- Cosmetics and toiletries
Stormville Flea Market Shopping Tips
To get the most out of your visit, use these pointers:
- Take plenty of cash. Very few of the dealers accept credit cards.
- Don't eat before you go. Buy lunch from one of the many food vendors or try a sampling from several. Enjoy fire-roasted corn, fried dough, sausage and peppers, sweet potato fries, and more. For dessert, stop by the ice cream truck for a sundae.
- If you get tired or hot, refresh yourself with an ice-cold brew from the onsite beer garden.
- Go early for the best selection.
- Dealers are willing to haggle, but you'll get better prices at the end of the day.
Stormville Airport Flea Market Vendors
- Applications are taken for booths, with a $120 per weekend fee paid for each 20-by-20-foot space.
- All sale merchandise must be list on your rental contract.
- The flea market limits the number of vendors selling some types of merchandise.
- Prohibited sale items include pornography, weapons, pharmaceuticals, fireworks, and counterfeit merchandise.
- You must have the manufacturer's authorization (and proof of it) to sell new name-brand merchandise.
- Vendor set-up times are from 5 to 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- No electrical hookups are available for vendors. You may bring your generator.
- Vendors must supply their tables, tarps, canopies, chairs, etc.
- Equipment rentals are permitted only from authorized companies.
- For more info on selling at the Flea Market, call (845) 221-6561.
Ultimate Family Yard Sale Sellers
- Applications are taken for 20-by-20-foot yard sale space rentals available on select days for a fee.
- All sale merchandise must be used. No weapons, food, beverages, or animals may be sold.
- All yard sale spaces will be inspected and the flea market reserves the right to ban unsuitable merchandise.
- No professional dealers are allowed to sell in the yard sale spaces.
- Sellers must stay open for customers until 3 p.m.
- Tables are available to rent, but supplies are very limited
- Set-up times are from 6 to 8 a.m.
- For more info on selling at the Yard Sale, call (845) 226-1660
For More Information
Use these contacts to learn more about this market: