The Stormville Flea Market opened in 1970 with a couple of dozen sellers in an abandoned airfield. Today it features more than 600 vendors selling new, used, and handmade goods. The market's official name is the Stormville Airport Antique Show & Flea Market.
The Stormville Flea Market season lasts from April to November, with six shows per year. Located in New York's Hudson Valley, the airfield also hosts two enormous garage sale events during the season.
428 Route 216
Hopewell Junction, New York 12582
- Just off Taconic State Parkway
- Hudson Valley
- Midway between Albany and Manhattan
- Map and directions
- Stormville area lodging
2016 Stormville Flea Market Dates
- April 24, Springtime in the Country event
- May 28 - 29
- July 2 - 3
- September 3 - 4
- October 8 - 9
- November 1 and 2, Christmas in November event
2016 Ultimate Yard Sale Dates
- Saturday, June 18
- Saturday, September 10
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on flea market days
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Ultimate Yard Sale
- Rain or shine
- Season runs April through November of each year
- Free admission
- Free parking
- Service animals only
In some of the booths, you’ll have to do some digging, but there’s plenty of treasure to be found. In fact, with more than 600 vendors, there’s little you won’t find at the Stormville Flea Market. Pack your treasure hunting tool kit and plan to spend the day. Among the new and used merchandise, you’ll see:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Furniture, vintage and antique
- Handmade arts and crafts
- Home decor and accessories, new and vintage
- Linens and pillows
- Garden supplies and accessories
- Ceramics, glassware, and dishes
- Architectural salvage
- Antique hardware and fixtures
- Vintage display fixtures and signage
- Comic books, vinyl records, and postcards
- New, antique, and handcrafted jewelry
- Vintage clothing
- New clothing, handbags, and fashion accessories
- Cosmetics and toiletries
Stormville Flea Market Shopping Tips:
- Take plenty of cash. Very few of the dealers accept credit cards.
- Don't eat before you go. Buy lunch from one of the many food vendors -- or try a sampling from several. Enjoy fire roasted corn, fried dough, sausage and peppers, sweet potato fries and more. For dessert, stop by the ice cream truck for a sundae.
- If you get tired or hot, refresh yourself with an ice-cold brew from the onsite beer garden.
- Go early for the best selection.
- Dealers are willing to haggle, but you'll get better prices at the end of the day.
Selling at the Stormville Flea Market:
Stormville Airport Flea Market Vendors
- Booth rental is $120 per weekend for a 20-by-20-foot space.
- All sale merchandise must be list on your rental contract.
- The flea market limits the number of vendors selling some types of merchandise.
- Prohibited sale items include pornograhpy, weapons, pharmaceuticals, fireworks, and counterfeit merchandise.
- You must have the manufacturer's authorization (and proof of it) to sell new name brand merchandise.
- Vendor set-up times are from 5 am. to 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- No electrical hookups are available for vendors. You may bring your own generator.
- Vendors must supply their own tables, tarps, canopies, chairs, etc. Equipment rentals are permitted only from authorized companies.
Ultimate Family Yard Sale Sellers
- 20-by-20-foot yard sale space rentals available on select days.
- Space rental is $55 if advance or $65 in cash on the day of the sale.
- All sale merchandise must be used. No weapons, food, beverages, or animals may be sold.
- All yard sale spaces will be inspected and the flea market reserves the right to ban unsuitable merchandise.
- No professional dealers are allowed to sell in the yard sale spaces.
- Sellers must stay open for customers until 3 p.m.
- Tables are available to rent for $10 per day, but supplies are very limited
- Set-up times are from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
For More Information:
- Stormville Airport Antique Show & Flea Market
- Stormville Flea Market on Facebook
- (845) 221-6561