This is a super easy strawberry and blueberry dessert recipe. The strawberries and blueberries are spooned over raspberry sherbet and a yogurt or whipped cream tops the berries.
The fact that it's a red, white, and blue dessert makes it perfect for the 4th of July or any summer cookout or gathering. See the tips and variations for more serving ideas.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 to 2 cups blueberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste, optional
- 4 to 6 small scoops raspberry or strawberry sherbet
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups flavored yogurt, vanilla or lemon, or whipped topping (thawed)
- Wash berries; hull and slice the strawberries. Put all of the berries in a bowl and add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar. Let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop sherbet into a dessert dish, brandy snifter, or other glass. Spoon about 1/3 cup of strawberries and a few tablespoons of blueberries over the sherbet, and then top with a few tablespoons of yogurt or whipped topping.
- Repeat with the remaining sherbet, berries, and topping to make 4 to 6 servings.
- This is an easy and beautiful dessert for the 4th or any summer get-together.
Tips and Variations
- Add red raspberries or blackberries to the berry mixture.
- Top the yogurt or whipped topping with coarsely chopped pecans, granola, or vanilla cookie crumbs.
- Top the fruit with a vanilla custard sauce instead of yogurt, or use a lemon sauce.
You Might Also Like