This fruit-based barbecue sauce combines that perfect blend of sweet and heat to make a sauce perfect for virtually any use. By pairing the sugar of a good strawberry jam with habanero hot sauce, you get a deep flavor that adds to foods taste. This barbecue sauce is perfect for chicken and pork.
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup thin soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ginger (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup mint (fresh, minced)
- 2 tablespoons habanero hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Since it has sugars in it, do not brush onto grilled foods until they are almost ready to leave the grill.
This sweet and spicy sauce works great as both a marinade and a barbecue sauce.