This is the wine lover's answer to the Strawberry Daiquiri. The Strawberry Sangria is an easy recipe that combines a favorite fruit of summer with one of the season's most requested wines. It is fantastic and will make an excellent addition to any summer party.
Rosé is the wine of choice for the Strawberry Sangria and it is the perfect summer wine. Many Rosés tend to have strawberry notes, which is more than ideal for our recipe. Also, to keep to the Spanish origins of Sangrias you may opt for a Rosé from Spain, which are referred to as a Rosado locally.
- 1 750 ml bottle Rosé wine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry lemonade
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (frozen strawberries are okay in a pinch)
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Pour the wine into a pitcher and add sliced strawberries.
- Add sugar and strawberry lemonade and stir gently.
- Chill overnight.
- Add ginger ale and ice just before serving.
If you'd like to serve your sangria right away, use chilled white wine and chilled ginger ale. Serve it with plenty of ice.
Make Your Own Strawberry Lemonade
Sure, you can buy strawberry lemonade at the store, but why? If you've already picked up a box of strawberries you're half way there.
Also, your Strawberry Sangria will be ten times better if you take the time to make this simple ingredient.
Making your own Strawberry Lemonade is very easy and it should take just a few minutes. To get the 1 1/2 cups needed for the Sangria, simply double this Fresh Strawberry Lemonade recipe (or make more and enjoy an afternoon drink). The only additional ingredients you will need are a couple lemons and simple syrup.
Again, the syrup is very easy to make. You can even use the remainder to replace the sugar in the Sangria recipe (there's no need to dissolve syrup).
All of this effort will be worth it because you will have created the freshest Strawberry Sangria possible. Enjoying and sharing the fresh fruits of the season is, after all, one of the joys of summer (save the conveniences for the dead of winter).
More Strawberry Sangria Recipes to Try
Strawberries make an appearance in many of the best Sangria recipes and the variations are fantastic to explore. You will not be bored this summer if you begin with these recipes then take your own Sangrias to new heights.
- Strawberry-Kiwi Sangria - The simple addition of sliced kiwi fruit makes a fantastic Sangria as well.
- Strawberry-Lime Sangria with Mint - It's like a wine limeade with the refreshing addition of fresh mint.
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Sangria - For those weeks when rhubarb and strawberry season coincide, this is a can't miss Sangria recipe.
- Very Berry Sangria - Pair your strawberries with other summer fruits like raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
- Instant Sangria - Take advantage of those last berries of the season and freeze up some 'Sangria cubes' to stretch out berry season.