- 4 large green bell peppers
- 2 3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces grated mild Cheddar or American cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cut peppers into halves crosswise and remove seeds and white membrane.
- Cook peppers in 2 cups of boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until onion is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and shredded cheese.
- Stir until blended; add ham, cooked rice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Fill pepper halves with rice and ham mixture; put on rack in skillet with about 1 1/2 cups of the pepper cooking liquid in the bottom.
- Cover the pan and simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
More Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Bell Peppers With Ground Beef
Stuffed Peppers With Salmon
Stuffed Peppers With Salsa and Refried Beans
Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef and Rice
Stuffed Peppers With Tuna
Stuffed Peppers With Tuna and Rice