This salad has tropical flavor, served on pineapple slices. It's a delicious salad made with tuna and chopped celery.
Top the salad with sliced green onions and serve with fresh tomato and cucumber slices for a delicious lunch. Or, add vegetables and french fries for an easy summertime dinner.
- 1 large can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- mixed salad greens
- 4 pineapple slices, fresh or canned
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sliced green onions, for garnish, optional
- Toss tuna and celery together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Add about one-half to three-quarters of the mayonnaise mixture to the tuna mixture to moisten to your taste.
- Arrange greens on salad plates and top each with a pineapple slice.
- Spoon tuna salad onto each pineapple then sprinkle with sliced green onions, if desired.
- Serve any leftover mayonnaise dressing mixture on the side.
- Add fresh sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and hard-boiled egg slices or serve it with a cup of soup.
You Might Also Like