Gluten-free Blueberry Pancakes feature one of nature's richest sources of antioxidants - blueberries. Bursting with fresh blueberries, these pancakes are so delicious and tasty everyone will enjoy them, not just those who are gluten-free.
Skip the pancake mix and make your own pancakes from scratch with simple baking ingredients.
Light and fluffy - and deep purple with all the fresh blueberries - these pancakes are a scrumptious way to start the day.
Drizzle warm maple syrup over a steaming stack of these gluten-free pancakes, or top with this homemade blueberry sauce for additional blueberry goodness (because you can never have too many blueberries). Whether it's Sunday morning brunch of a mid-week breakfast pick-me-up, these gluten-free pancakes will make your day.
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all all-purpose blend
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp light olive oil OR your favorite neutral vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk OR your favorite dairy-free substitute
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (if using frozen blueberries, thaw first)
- PLUS, extra vegetable oil for frying pancakes
- Measure dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until thick and foamy. Add oil and buttermilk to egg and whisk to blend.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk until the pancake batter is smooth. Gently stir in blueberries.
- On medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a heavy skillet. Spoon about 1/3 cup of pancake batter into hot skillet and smooth the pancake. Dot the top of the pancake with 1/4 cup fresh blueberries. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and carefully flip. Cook second side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or make double blueberry pancakes by serving with homemade blueberry syrup.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.