This is a large layered club sandwich. Feel free to replace the meat and cheese suggestions with your own favorites, and use mayonnaise or another dressing or spread. A flavored aioli would be an excellent choice for the sandwich.
The recipe makes one sandwich, but it can be scaled up for several sandwiches.
- 4 slices bread (white or rye, large thin slices)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or other spread or dressing)
- 1 or 2 thin slices slice ham
- 1 slice Swiss or American cheese
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato (sliced)
- 2 to 3 strips cooked bacon
- 1 or 2 thin slices turkey
- 3 to 4 slices dill pickle
- 1 pimiento-stuffed green olive
Use your favorite meat, cheese, and dressings to make this super sandwich.
For each sandwich, lightly toast and butter the slices of bread.
On the bottom slice spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and add a slice or two of ham and a slice of Swiss or American cheese.
Add a second slice of toast and spread with a little more mayonnaise. Top this slice with lettuce and tomato slices, then crisp cooked bacon.
Add a third slice of toast with a little more mayonnaise and top with sliced turkey, dill pickle slices, and lettuce.
Top it off with the last slice of toast. Place an olive on the top and stick a decorative toothpick through olive and into the sandwich, if desired.
Feel free to use your favorite dressings, meats, cheeses and toppings.
You Might Also Like