The Bottom Line
The Sureheat Tuscany (now labeled as made by Altima) gives you a full feature gas grill in an attractive design for around $400. Sold exclusively through Costco Stores this unit has a unique infrared side burner, full function rotisserie system, infrared sear burner under the hood and plenty of space for cooking and storage. Sureheat manages to hit Costco's price point by greatly reducing the amount of stainless steel in this unit.
This grill is predominately constructed out of painted steel sheet metal. While you can't say this unit is built like a tank it isn't badly built.
- Stable construction
- Full feature grill for around $400
- Painted sheet metal won't rust until the paint cracks
- Limited manufacturer support
- Thin stainless steel burners
- Three stainless steel 13,000 BTU main burners
- One 13,000 BTU Infrared "sear" burner
- 524 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 812 square inches
- 52,000 BTU output from the three main burners plus infrared burner
- Unique 10,000 BTU infrared side burner flush mounted and covered
- 13,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit included
- 304 stainless steel hood and accessory parts with mostly painted steel construction
- Electronic igniter
- Full lined cover included
- Made in China by Sureheat and sold exclusively through Costco
Guide Review - Sureheat Tuscany 33 Inch 4-Burner Gas Grill
This grill has been discontinued.
For the past few years, Costco has carried a Sureheat gas grill targeted around $400USD to $500USD. The idea was to put a full function (or nearly) gas grill on the floor. In years past this unit has been constructed entirely out of 304 stainless steel.
Recently Sureheat and Costco have introduced the Tuscany Gas Grill. This unit has little stainless steel comparatively. Instead, this unit is made from steel sheet metal with a highly durable paint finish. This means you get more grill for the money.
The Tuscany grill (by Altima) is a four burner grill with one 13,000 BTU infrared sear burner and three standard stainless (304) steel tubular burners. It also has a very unique 10,000 BTU round infrared side burner. This unit gets away with a low BTU rating because it is infrared. While this burner does what any standard side burner will do, it is a very unique feature. The grill also has a full feature rotisserie system with a 13,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner. The grill is good sized at 524 square inches of primary cooking space. Remember that part of this area has an infrared sear burner under it. Under normal conditions, you will not be using this area. This will give you about 400 square inches of standard cooking area.
You also get a good quality, full lined grill cover, which should help keep the paint from getting scratched. Of course, that is the weakness of this unit. If the paint gets chipped or scratched rust will form on the metal underneath.
Well constructed with an attractive design and loads of features, this really is a good grill for the money. It may not last a decade but if you keep it covered and clean it should last you a few years.
This model replaces the 2007 Tuscany 30-inch.