This strawberry cake is made with a cake mix and strawberry soda, along with strawberry flavored gelatin.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (or white)
- 1 large package strawberry Jell-O (or 2 small)
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 1 cup strawberry soda pop
- 1 large container cool whip
- Garnish: fresh strawberries
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; bake in 13x9x2-inch pan. While still warm, puncture cake with a fork, about every 2 inches.
- Combine Jell-O and boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Add strawberry soda pop to Jell-O and stir. Pour over cake while warm.
- Spread the cool whip over the cooled strawberry cake before you serve.
- Serve with a few fresh strawberries for garnish.
You Might Also Like