This sweet and sour bratwurst makes tasty sandwiches. Or serve the sausages with rice or salads.
- 8 to 10 bratwurst or other fresh sausage links
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce, about 18 ounces
- 3 medium green bell peppers
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 (16 oz.) can chunk pineapple, drained
- Brown the bratwurst over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cut the browned sausages into bite-size pieces, if desired.
- Layer sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker; add the cooked sausage and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks to the slow cooker. Cook, occasionally stirring, until peppers are tender, about 2 to 3 hours longer.
- Serve with potato salad and beans, or serve whole sausages with sandwich rolls.
You Might Also Like