The heavy cream provides the fat for this cream cake recipe.
Fill and frost the cake with your favorite frosting, or fill with a lemon curd or jam filling and frost with a creamy frosting.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream (35% butterfat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon lemon-colored 5 minutes with electric mixer on high speed; gradually beat in sugar.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Stir in sifted dry ingredients alternately with the cream and vanilla. Beat well.
- Spread batter in 2 greased and floured round 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
You Might Also Like