Thanks to Fr. Dominic for allowing us to use his recipe for Sweet Crust Pizza. You can find this recipe and more in his outstanding pizza cookbook called: Thursday Night Pizza, Fr. Dominic's Favorite Pizza Recipes, Reedy Press, 2010.
One way to use this Sweet Pizza Crust is to make an Apple Pie Pizza.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir to dissolve yeast and brown sugar in warm water; let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk, salt, and melted butter.
- One cup at a time, add 3 cups of flour, mixing each time until flour is thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 to 8 minutes, adding small amounts of flour to keep the dough manageable. Lightly oil the surface of the dough and place in a medium-sized clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let Sweet Crust Pizza rise in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Makes two 12" to 14" Sweet Crust Pizzas medium-thick crusts, or three smaller ones
- Note from Fr. Dominic: "This is a basic sweet dough recipe, really --- if you added an egg you could make dinner rolls! --- but makes a nice crust for dessert pizzas."