This Sweet Potato Broccoli Curry is easy to make in a snap – and you can adjust the spicy level to suit your tastes. Another bonus: you can peel and chop everything in advance, cover and chill until ready to toss into the pot come dinner time.
Note: This is best made with regular coconut milk, which has tons of flavor and keeps it together even when boiled. If you choose to use low fat coconut milk, don't let it come to a boil or it will separate.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Trim the broccoli and cut into bite-size florets; peel the broccoli stem and cut into thin rounds.
- Mince the garlic, finely chop the chiles, slice the green onions, and grate the ginger.
- In a medium pot over high heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic, chiles, onions, ginger, and salt. Cook, stirring, until sizzling and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the sweet potatoes and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot, over cooked rice and garnished with cilantro, if you like.