This sweet potato cheesecake pie is a snap to make and bake.
The rich and delicious sweet potato cheesecake filling is baked in the included homemade crust or use a ready-made purchased graham cracker crust.
This cheesecake pie may also be made with pumpkin or butternut squash puree in place of the sweet potato puree.
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs (about 20 graham cracker squares)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- For the Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Optional: whipped cream and cinnamon sugar
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and granulated sugar. Pat the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
Prepare the Filling
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light.
- Beat in the sweet potato puree, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth and well blended.
- Spoon sweet potato cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Bake in the preheated 350 F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the pie filling is set.
- Cool the pie on a cooling rack.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve this pie with sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. See freezer instructions below.
Cookie crumbs may be used in place of graham cracker crumbs. Crush 21 to 24 gingersnaps for a gingersnap crust or about 32 vanilla wafers for a vanilla wafer crust.
This pie may be frozen. Place the pie on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Wrap the pie in plastic wrap, and then place it in a food storage bag. Label with the name and date. Freeze for up to 6 months.
You Might Also Like
Impossible Sweet Potato Muffin Cup Pies This is a fabulous single-serve twist on a sweet potato pie.
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie This sweet potato pie offers the best of both worlds. If you can't decide on a sweet potato or pecan pie, bake this one.