Yes, you can prepare a healthy vegetarian and vegan butternut squash dish right in your crockpot! Just peel the squash, remove the seeds and add it to the crcokpot just like that! This butternut squash side dish couldn't be simpler.
Like butternut squash? Scroll down for more ways to prepare a butternut squash meal.
- 2 butternut squash
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar (brown)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Peel squash and remove the seeds. Place the squash in the crock pot or slow cooker, then add remaining ingredients on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
More vegetarian squash recipes:
- Vegetarian acorn squash soup
- Acorn squash with cornbread stuffing
- Fall quinoa-stuffed squash
- Acorn squash with vegetarian baked beans
- Acorn squash with vegetarian "sausage" stuffing
- Barley-stuffed squash
- Grilled squash with cheese