Rah! Sis Boom Bah! Go Team! As the weather turns cool, it is time for winter sports like football, hockey, basketball, racing, and tailgate parties. Team up with friends and make it a potluck meal. Or if you really want to show off, make it all yourself.
Keep in mind that you want foods that can be eaten out of hand or with as few utensils as possible. This keeps down the trash and clean-up factor, and will not require seating arrangements.
The featured tailgate party recipes include a variety of foods suitable for a picnic in the parking lot of your favorite stadium or any picnic location, including your family room. If you decide to spike your drinks, be sure to have a designated driver and be sure it is permitted in the stadium parking lot.
Tailgate Party Preparation Tips
• Prepare foods ahead of time and have them wrapped, packed, and ready to roll.
• Have a plan to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold.
• Stick to finger foods if possible, and make sure they are in manageable pieces.
• Bring along plenty of napkins, or better yet, a roll of paper towels.
• If utensils are necessary, bring disposable ones, including toothpicks.
• Do not forget sturdy, disposable cups for any drinks.
• Bring along a tablecloth to spread your wares upon and a bag (or 2) for your trash.
• Warm up hot drinks just before leaving and bring along in an insulated jug.
More Tailgate Party Resources and Recipes
|•||The Tailgater's Cookbook|
|•||Fan Fare: A Playbook of Great Recipes for Tailgating or Watching the Game at Home|
|•||ESPN Gameday Gourmet: More Than 80 All-American Tailgate Recipes|
|•||Fox Sports Tailgating Handbook: The Gear, The Food, The Stadiums|