Can't decide what you want for dinner? How about a little of everything? This Indian Mixed Grill recipe calls for lamb chops, chicken, shrimp, and vegetables, giving you, your family, and a few dozen of your closest friends the ability to choose. Mixed up with a Tandoori marinade and grilled, these delicious morsels are then placed in a sizzling hot skillet for a fantastic presentation.
1. For this recipe, you need a hot grill and a large oven-safe skillet or a large cast iron pan.
2. Place 1 cup (240 mL) of Tandoori marinade in each of two resealable plastic bags, reserving 1/2 cup (120 mL) of the marinade. Place the lamb chops, bone up in one bag. Coat the meat, but not the bones. Add chicken drumsticks to the other bag. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before the lamb and chicken have finished marinating, pour remaining marinade in another resealable bag.
Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling. Remove chicken from marinade. Pour remaining marinade into a saucepan over a medium/low heat. Place chicken on hot grill, over direct heat for 2 minutes. Turn and grill for an additional 2 minutes. Move to indirect side of grill and continue cooking for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, remove lamb chops from marinade, adding the remaining marinade to saucepan. Place lamb chops on grill over direct heat for 2 minutes per side, then move to indirect space.
4. Continue grilling until chicken is cooked through (juices will run clear and the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F). Place oven-safe skillet over the direct heat of the grill. Remove shrimp from marinade, adding leftover marinade to the saucepan. Thread shrimp onto skewers and place on grill over direct heat.
5. Add cooking oil to skillet and added chopped onion and bell peppers. Toss lightly to coat with oil. Turn shrimp over (after about 2 minutes). Place chicken and lamb onto of vegetables in skillet. Once the shrimp is cooked through (pink all the way around without any gray), place onto of lamb chops and chicken (you can remove from skewers at this point). Move the skillet to the indirect side of the grill, pour heated marinade over top, and close the grill lid.
6. After 5 minutes and with a very heavy duty pair of grilling gloves, remove skillet from grill and place on table on a heavy duty hot pad to serve.