The Bottom Line
Team Grill was created for sports fans and this is their tailgating model, the gas grill you would actually take to the stadium to show your support. This 55-pound grill is actually pretty portable thanks to the collapsible design that lets you pull it like a dolly. This is virtually a full sized 2-burner grill that you can take on the road and set up quickly and easily. The real "feature" of this grill, like all Team Grills, is the paint job.
Yes, you can show your team spirit (for $400 for this grill), but you are paying a lot for that paint job and some for the grill.
- Available in dozens of colors and team logos (more coming)
- Dual burner portable grill
- Good tailgating grill
- Low BTU output for the size
- More emphasis on the appearance than on the quality
- Two 11,000 BTU stainless steel U-type burners
- 315 square inches of total grilling space
- 22,000 total BTU output from the main burners
- Two porcelain coated steel cooking grates
- On knob push and turn piezoelectric igniters
- Weighs around 55 pounds
- Folds down to be pulled on two wheels (side tables fold inside the grill)
- Runs on either a 1-pound disposable propane bottle or can be converted to run on a standard 20 pound propane cylinder
- Comes in a large number of team colors and logos
- Made in China by Team Grill
Guide Review - Team Grill Tailgate Series
Team Grill is now defunct and this grill and all Team Grill's are discontinued.
When you go tailgating, you are probably there to support a team (and perhaps have a drink or two while grilling up something good). Team Grill is a line of team logo grills that let you show your support along with all the other stuff you have. This model of the team grill is specifically designed for tailgating and does a good job at that.
You have the advantage of a 2-burner grill that gives you versatile grilling capabilities in a portable gas grill. Yes, this is a 55 pound grill and you will be lifting it in and out of your vehicle so you might not want to do that by yourself, but it is a large portable grill that hit a good compromise between grilling space and portability.
At the nut and bolt level you have a pretty basic gas grill. The 2 burners are U-shapes to give you even heating, though the BTU output is a little low for the size (the low lid helps make up for this. There is an igniter on each knob so you can light one burner or the other. The front control panel has a drop down cover to protect the control knobs. And the fold down design is pretty easy to set up and break down. The internal components of this grill are not of the best quality. The porcelain coated flame tamers and cooking grates are prone to chipping and the burners are relatively thin.
The point of this grill really is the paint job. In fact that is the thing they are proudest of and will talk at length about how they developed the process for making high temperature paint in any color. If you are the person who this grill is directed to you probably won't be reading this review.
This grill really is all about showing your support for your favorite team so don't be surprised if it doesn't last too long (your favorite team will change logos anyway).
Available largely in NCAA teams, more are being added all the time.