The Bottom Line
This grill is one of the ultimate steak cooking grills. The incredible heat generated by the radiant glass infrared technology means this grill can cook at temperatures that most grills can only dream of. On the flip side, this grill can hold temperatures low enough to grill virtually anything you can put on it. This all stainless steel gas grill uses TEC's 100% infrared technology that is unique amongst infrared grills.
- Very energy efficient gas grill
- Extremely high-temperature output
- Solid, high-quality construction
- Limited features for the price
- Relies completely on Infra-red technology
- Three 16,000 radiant glass infrared gas burners
- 522 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 696 gas grills
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- All parts that come in contact with the food are removable for easy cleaning
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Large removable stainless steel drip tray
- Push Button electric igniter
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States
Thermal Engineering Corporation is the greatest innovator in the field of infra-red technology. From paint drying equipment to gas grills this company has revolutionized heating technology. Many years ago TEC invented the infrared gas grill.
When that patent ran out they invented a new infra-red technology, the radiant glass infrared burner. This new burner is topped by a piece of blue ceramic glass that filters the heat, emitting only pure infrared energy. This process allows this grill to generate tremendous heat with far less fuel.
Normally this grill would be considered seriously underpowered when you compare the BTU output with the size of the cooking surface.
However, the radiant glass infrared technology allows this grill to produce so much power that it can sear the surface of a steak while leaving the middle cool. This makes this grill one of the ultimate steak grills capable of professional searing.
This is an all or nothing infrared grill. While some grills offer infrared burners as an extra this one is all infrared. This means you need to do some learning to use this grill to its fullest but if this is the grill you choose you shouldn't have any trouble.