The real secret with any kind of teriyaki recipe is to get the sauce to glaze over the surface of the meat without burning. If you keep a close eye on it, you shouldn't have any trouble.
- In a saucepan mix all ingredients except the pork chops and heat until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- Place chops in a large container or plastic bag. Pour marinade over chops and seal the container. Let sit overnight.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chops from marinade and place marinade in a saucepan add water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Grill chops over medium flame until cooked all the way through. Baste with marinade a few minutes before they are done.
- Serve plain or over rice.
- Pour warmed reserved marinade over chops before serving.