There isn't much that a good Thai peanut sauce doesn't go with. It's a hit from noodles and pasta to stir-fried veggies and tofu. Sling it on salad, spring rolls, slaw dressings or veggie wraps -- the ubiquitous Thai sauce is a flavorful pairing for tons of great dishes. This basic vegan peanut sauce recipe isn't too spicy, so kids will especially love the peanut butter taste. Make a double or triple portion and stash some in the refrigerator for later!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and rice vinegar in a saucepan over low heat. (Mixture will become easy to combine as peanut butter melts.)
- Continue stirring over low heat until ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- This recipe is perfect as it is, but you may want to thin it out a bit with more water, depending on what you're using it for.
- If you're new to eating Thai food, this vegan peanut sauce can be a great introduction into the delicious cuisine of Thailand, since it is easy to make and not spicy. Thai cuisine is light, healthy, fragrant and full of vegetables. And while it can have a fiery kick, it doesn't have to. If you're ordering out, be sure to specify you would like your dish mild, at least until you have a sense for the amount of spiciness you can handle.
Thai food is very friendly for people eating plant-based diets. Check out these other vegetarian and vegan Thai recipes for inspiration:
Thai Peanut Sauce with Ginger Recipe
Easy Thai Coconut Soup Recipe
Thai-Inspired Carrot Dish Recipe
Raw Pad Thai Salad Recipe
Coconut and Tofu Curry Recipe
Light and Crispy Spring Rolls Recipe
Vegan Coconut Rice Recipe
Thai Style Spring Rolls Recipe
Basic Spring Roll Dipping Sauce Recipe
Thai-Style Stir Fry Recipe with Hoisin Sauce
Billis, S. One Peanut Sauce, Endless Recipes. Retrieved December 4, 2016, from Momtastic Food, http://www.momtastic.com/food/166971-one-peanut-sauce-endless-recipes/
Thai food for beginners. (2013, October 6). Retrieved December 4, 2016, from World Travel Family, http://worldtravelfamily.com/beginners-guide-thai-food/