With this tasty appetizer recipe, leftover frozen parker house yeast rolls won't need to hide in the back of the freezer until next Thanksgiving anymore! This tasty and easy appetizer recipe calls for sweet hot mustard, whole berry cranberry jelly, and smoked gouda cheese. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare the dish, 20 minutes to bake it, and about 30 seconds until your friends and family devour it.
Don't have smoked gouda on hand? Try using a buttery muenster cheese or something with a little more funk like camembert or brie.
You can also make these party buns with other types of mini rolls like Kings Hawaiian, Cobblestone, or any random slider buns. Just be sure to grease the pan if you're not using frozen parker house yeast rolls!
- 1 package of frozen parker house yeast rolls, thawed
- 1/2 lb roasted turkey breast, chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet hot mustard
- 2 tbsp whole berry cranberry jelly
- 1/4 smoked gouda, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently take the parker rolls out of the aluminum baking sheet and place them on a flat surface.
- Using a serrated knife, gently slice the entire pack of yeast rolls in half and place the bottom half back into the aluminum baking tray. Add the turkey to the half that's in the aluminum baking pan and add cranberry sauce.
- Top with the smoked gouda cheese and smear the sweet hot mustard onto the remaining half of the yeast rolls. Place the mustard smeared side of the rolls and gently place back on top of the other half.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another ten minutes or until the tops of the parker house rolls are cooked through and slightly golden.