Summer is here and the best way to celebrate is by throwing the ultimate backyard party. Here are some tips and tricks for hosting a summer get together that’s fun for your friends and family—and low stress for you too. You won’t need to worry too much about tidying up after your guests, since clean-up is a breeze when you’re equipped with the right tools.
Planning Your Backyard Party
You’ll want to start by creating an invite list. Call or text all the people you want to invite and see if they are able to attend. Getting an accurate headcount will allow you to create a proper meal plan and make sure you have enough seating and tableware.
Gather Your Backyard Supplies
Once you know who’s attending, gather your table, chairs, tableware and decorations. You may need to do a little bit of pre-cleaning to get your outside area ready for your party but with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover by your side, you’ll be ready to entertain in no time.
Follow these simple steps to refresh your hard surface furniture before the event:
- Fill OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to line four and mix with one gallon of the warmest water possible until completely dissolved.
- Apply the OxiClean™ mixture to the furniture using a cloth, sponge or brush. You can also pour the solution directly onto the surface of your furniture.
- Allow the mixture to sit for five to thirty minutes. Scrub stains as needed. For best results, work in small batches so the solution doesn’t dry on the surface.
- Rinse the furniture thoroughly with cool water.
Plan The Food And Drink Menu
A backyard party isn’t complete without a great menu. Packing the menu with backyard barbecue classics like burgers and hot dogs is never a bad idea. Cooking these essential eats on the grill will delight your guests even more.
Don’t forget to create a drink menu for your guests. Stocking a drink cart with a combination of kid-friendly and adult drinks will keep your guests happy. Check your drink cart for the essentials like cups, stir sticks and other supplies.
Once your menu and drink cart are planned out, you’ll need to create a shopping list. Remember items like ketchup, BBQ sauce and sweet and cool treats like popsicles.
If you’re going to be using disposable plates, cutlery, and cups, make sure you add those items to your list. Don’t forget garbage bags and paper towels to help you with easy clean-up.
Setting Up Entertainment
Take your backyard party to the next level with some great entertainment. You don’t need to go overboard in this step but have a few things to entertain guests of all ages.
Start by creating a music playlist that is fun for everyone, no matter their age or musical taste. Mix up the genres and include new tracks and old favorites to keep everyone happy. Then simply hook up a few speakers in your backyard and you’re all set.
Set Up Games for Guests to Play
Setting up a net to play badminton or volleyball is surprisingly easy. You can also pick up backyard game kits that will give you and your friends the chance to play something new.
If you’re going to have kids, setting up a bubble station and sidewalk chalk station is an inexpensive and easy way to keep them entertained.
Stains Happen During the Party
During backyard parties, food spills happen and it’s best to get to them as soon as they happen. The great news is that OxiClean™ Max Force Spray can help. This spray can tackle the toughest stains from food, grass, and more. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Spray OxiClean™ Max Force Spray directly onto the spot or stain until it is saturated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or leave it in your laundry basket for up to a week. This is particularly convenient when entertaining, since you won’t have to drop everything to do a load of laundry.
- Wash the clothing after the party as you normally would to get those ‘party favors’ out.
After-party Clean Up
Who says cleaning up has to be the worst part of the party? With the right strategy, it can be a simple and satisfying process. First, clean up all of the food and drinks. Place any leftovers in containers and—depending on the type of food—store them in the fridge, pantry or cupboard.
Next, turn your attention to the outdoor games and toys that might have been used. Place any games back into their containers, if you had a bubble station make sure to rinse out the wands and containers that were used.
Check for Stains
After any party, it’s important to check for stains that might be on any of your linens, furniture or clothes. When it comes to stains, it’s always best to get to them sooner rather than later. Plus, it will be one less thing to worry about when getting ready to host your next get together.
Grab a bucket, OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover and water to pre-treat those stains. Follow these steps for stained napkins, table linens, and clothes:
- Fill OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to line two to four and mix it with a gallon of the warmest water possible until completely dissolved.
- Add stained items to the OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover mixture.
- Soak for one to six hours.
- Wash as normal with detergent and OxiClean™ .
Ultimate Backyard Party
It is totally possible to throw a low-stress backyard party, especially when you plan ahead and have all the tools necessary to keep your items looking fresh. By taking a little bit of time after the party to clean up, organize and combat those stains, the items you own will last longer and save you money. Hopefully this will make it easy to throw the ultimate backyard party this summer.
OxiClean™- Versatile Stain Remover ($6.83) - BUY NOW