01 of 05
Thin Origami Heart Tutorial
Learn how to make a cute origami heart that opens up, you can use it as a bookmark, greetings card or on it's own. Great for Valentine's Day!
This is a relatively easy origami heart to make! Once you get the hang of it, you can make them very quickly. I would like to make a lot of these and string them up to make a paper heart garland.
You only need one sheet of paper for this origami heart, use paper with the same colour on both sides for the best result.
If you'd like to use it as a... card, you'll also need some white paper to stick inside!
To make the heart stop opening, you'd need to use a dab of glue.Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Thin Origami Heart Tutorial - Step 1
1. Starting white side up.
2. Fold the paper in half diagonally both ways and unfold with the paper diagonal.
3. Fold the right edge of the paper to align to the center crease.
4. Fold the left edge to match, aligning to the center crease.Continue to 3 of 5 below.
03 of 05
Thin Origami Heart Tutorial - Step 2
5. Unfold both sides.
6. Rotate the paper to the opposite end, so that you are working on the top and then fold the left and right edges to the center in the same way.
7. Unfold the paper.
8. Fold the right corner to the horizontal crease where the diagonal folds meet.Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
Thin Origami Heart Tutorial - Step 3
9. Fold the left corner the same way.
10. Flip the paper over to the other side.
11. Pick the paper up, fold the paper in half, reversing the horizontal crease, at the same time the two corners go behind.
12. This is what you should see.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05
Thin Origami Heart Tutorial - Step 4
13. Flatten out the top corners of the heart.
14. Fold over the top corners of the heart for a rounded look.
15. Also fold over the left and right edges for an even more rounded look.
16. If you'd like to use it as a card, you could cut out some white paper and stick it on the inside!
If you had some trouble following along, check out a q quick video tutorial, here.
Did you make a thin origami heart? Tag #paperkawaii on instagram so that I can see it!
For more tutorials and also video tutorials, I... run a youtube channel called Paper Kawaii, also check out some of my websites below if you like :)