Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
These days, Thousand Island dressing is probably more popular as a sandwich spread than a salad dressing. For a real treat, try it on your next burger!
Any of the mayonnaise-based salad dressings can be made with store-bought mayonnaise. But if you really want the full effect, why not try making your own mayonnaise?
- 1 pint Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Chili sauce (or cocktail sauce or ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons green pepper (minced)
- 2 tablespoons pimento (drained and finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 large hard-boiled egg (chopped)
- In a glass bowl, combine the mayonnaise and other ingredients. Chill.
- Store unused portion in the refrigerator, where it should keep for a day or two.