A favorite recipe for creamy spaghetti sauce, with a secret ingredient. Cook this simple 3-ingredient spaghetti sauce on the stovetop or in a crockpot.
Add anything else you just love in spaghetti sauce such as peppers, onions, celery, extra spices, etc. I just use the three ingredients.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (1 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery, chicken, etc)
- 1 jar or can (approximately 26 ounces) of prepared spaghetti sauce
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet or do it a really easy way and boil it. Boiling only works for ground beef, not ground turkey or chicken. To boil it, add just enough water to the ground beef to cover it. Stir to break it up. Boil until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain into a pot or bowl and allow the fat to coagulate so you can discard it properly. DO NOT pour it down your sink! It will clog it.
- Put the cooked beef, sauce, and soup in a large saucepan; stir well and simmer for about 1 hour. The time is not too critical. It just needs to be bubbling for a bit to blend flavors.
- You can also cook it in the crockpot for a few hours. Either way, it's great and it clings to the spaghetti noodles.
I cook for my church's Wednesday night suppers and I just had this last week. They loved it. I just made a lot more and cooked it slowly in sealed pans in the oven. The boiling of the ground beef was a great time and work saver! I cooked 15 lbs. of ground chuck in a very short time and it was so easy.
You Might Also Like