This quick and easy baked tilapia recipe makes a nutritious and delicious meal.
Serve the tilapia with green beans and hot cooked rice for a light and tasty family meal. Feel free to cut the amount of butter to 1 to 2 tablespoons for a lighter version.
- 4 - 6 fillets tilapia (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs (soft fresh)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried leaf)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
- Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the butter with remaining seasonings and toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the tilapia fillets.
- Bake the fish fillets for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the topping. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.
- Carefully remove the fillets to plates with a spatula.