According to the ancient practice of feng shui, certain areas of your home have a connection to different aspects of your life—one of which is the money area. This area is the energetic center for wealth and abundance, making it the ideal spot for conducting financial tasks. And by applying the proper feng shui tips for the area, you might be able to enhance that flow of abundance.
Finding Your Money Area
The feng shui bagua is the energy map of any given space that's divided into eight areas: health and family, wealth and abundance, fame and reputation, relationships, creativity and children, helpful people and blessings, career, and self-cultivation. Each bagua area is connected to a feng shui element, direction, and color.
The location of your money area might vary, depending on whether you practice classical or BTB (Western) feng shui. In classical feng shui, the money area is considered to be the southeast corner of your home or office. In BTB feng shui, the money area is in the upper lefthand corner of your floor plan, regardless of its compass direction.
Objects for the Money Area
The element of the money bagua area is wood, and its colors are green and brown. So the feng shui cures you bring should either be of the wood element or an element that nourishes it, such as water.
These are some objects to place in your money area to help keep the wealth flowing in your life:
- Wood element decor: Incorporate artwork of lush forests and other natural landscapes, which have an abundant energy of growth. Live plants are excellent feng shui cures for wealth, too. Or simply choose decor pieces with the wood element colors: green and brown.
- Water element decor: A water-focused design feature, such as a fountain, is an excellent feng shui cure for wealth, as are decor items with water or water element colors (blue and black). The water in any artwork should be clear and moving. For example, an image of a waterfall is a better feng shui cure for wealth than an image of a still lake.
- Images of wealth and financial success: Find art that really speaks to your heart and expresses what wealth means to you. But be mindful of the colors. The best choices are green, brown, blue, black, and light yellow.
- Good lighting: Light is always considered a good feng shui cure. Just be sure the overall design of any light fixture fits harmoniously with the rest of your decor.
- Painted walls: Paint the walls in your wealth bagua area in any of the nourishing feng shui element colors, especially green and brown. Red or purple colors are sometimes brought to the money area to activate it, but only a very small amount is needed.
- Mirrors: Mirrors are excellent for the money area, as they reflect light, expand the space, and bring the presence of the water element. For the southeast bagua area, it is best to choose a mirror in a square or rectangular shape.
As with any feng shui cure, remember that nothing is a guarantee of wealth and abundance. So outfit your money area with objects you enjoy, and hopefully, any energy of growth will be reflected in your financial situation.